Brion Raffoul is a premier Canadian IP boutique firm. Since its founding in 2008, our firm has been committed to providing excellent quality service in a timely manner to meet all of the intellectual property needs of our clients.
Brion Raffoul services are provided by Brion Raffoul LLP or by 2484726 Ontario Inc. d/b/a Brion Raffoul. Brion Raffoul LLP is a limited liability partnership and a law firm providing legal services in the field of intellectual property, including the licensing of patents and the commercialization of IP. 2484726 Ontario Inc. d/b/a Brion Raffoul is a corporation providing patent and trademark agency services.
We are an energetic group of professionals and staff that work closely together to deliver the best service to all of our clients. That energy and passion has led us to being recognized as one of the Top 50 Most Active Patent Filers in Canada every year since 2013.
Our partners and firm are ranked as leading private practice patent professionals by the IAM Patent 1000 (2014-2019) – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, and in 2017-2019 Ms. Raffoul was shortlisted as one of seven (7) most Highly Recommended patent prosecutors in Canada. In 2018, Ms. Raffoul was listed in the Who’s Who Legal for her outstanding expertise and contribution within the practice area of patents in Canada. This recognition was achieved by building a solid team and recruiting only the best and the brightest professionals and support staff.
We have a strong Canadian client base that includes local inventors and businesses, as well as multinational corporations, universities, and Canadian government agencies, in various technical domains, such as artificial intelligence, cyber security, telecommunications, electronics, machines, heavy equipment, consumer products, sports apparel, metallurgy, oil and gas, microbiology and pharmaceuticals. From start-ups, to universities and government agencies, to both private and publicly-traded companies, we represent the intellectual property interests of our clients worldwide.
Through our robust international network of associates, we can protect our clients’ intellectual property assets throughout the world. In addition to our Canadian clients, we represent a broad array of foreign clients seeking to protect their IP in Canada. Using a results-based approach that has provided us with an enviable track record of success for our clients, we have developed a solid reputation with our foreign associates. We pride ourselves in providing timely, effective, and practical advice at reasonable rates. Our competitive and transparent pricing model, based on fixed fees, rather than billable hours for most services, sets us apart from other firms. We firmly believe in adding value for our clients and, since we are not on a time-based billing model, we take as much time as necessary to address our clients’ needs. As a testament to our high rate of client satisfaction and loyalty, our firm has grown exponentially through referrals and word of mouth.
We are able to provide our IP services in English, French and Chinese.
Our Patent Services
- Patentability searches and opinions in the high tech, software, bio, chemical and mechanical fields
- Patent drafting, filing and prosecution services in the high tech, software, bio, chemical and mechanical fields
- International and Canadian patent application filing and prosecution
- Infringement and validity assessments
- Due diligence reviews of patent portfolios
- Invention mining advice for companies
- Advice and consultation on effective IP management and procurement strategies
- Patent portfolio management
Our Trademark Services
- Trademark branding strategies
- Canadian and International trademark clearance searches and opinions
- Canadian and international trademark filings, prosecution, registration and renewals
- Trademark monitoring and watch services
- Trademark licensing and assignments
- Opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Trademark portfolio management
Our Design Services
- Industrial design searching of Canadian and international databases
- Industrial design application preparation, filing and prosecution for any industrial product
- Industrial designs registrability opinions
- Industrial design infringement assessments
Our Copyright Services
- Copyright registration
Our Legal Services
- IP licensing and procurement strategies
- Due diligence on IP purchases or licensing agreements
- Infringement opinions
- Freedom to operate and validity opinions
- Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements and effective cease and desist letters
- International IP portfolio management, including coordinating foreign contentious patent proceedings (opposition hearings, litigation, and/or arbitration)
- Customized IP ownership agreements, software license and service agreements, end-user license agreements, material transfer agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Consulting on trade secret strategies and management
- Reviewing and revising employment agreement and consulting contracts to ensure company’s IP ownership of IP developed by employees and contractors