613.521.8844 x 119
Nyall is a trademark lawyer licensed to practice in both the US and Canada. With 12 years of experience in the trademarks field, his recognized expertise in international trademarking and brand strategy incorporates his extensive experience in filing and prosecuting trademark applications, as well as his experience in conducting oppositions and discoveries.
His diverse educational and work background informs his business centered advice. Before pursuing a career in law, Nyall received a B.ASc. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Waterloo. He then worked as a computer engineer in Hong Kong, Sydney, and New York City. Nyall studied law at the University of Calgary and specialized in intellectual property at the University of Ottawa in his final year of law school. Since then, Nyall has been practicing exclusively in intellectual property in both Canada and the US, providing trademark related advice and services to both local and international clients.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• B.Sc. (Electrical), University of Waterloo
• LL.B (Law), University of Ottawa
• Doctor of Law (J.D.), University of Calgary
• Bachelor of Social Sciences, Political Science, University of Ottawa
• B.ASc, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Waterloo
• Registered Trademark Agent